USE IT OR LOSE IT #3 - YARNDALE FLOWER BROOCH - A FREE CROCHET PATTERN


My stash busting project is going well and I now have a crocheted shawl that I'm halfway through, a little pile of books for selling and I've made around 15 small flower brooches for the ladies on my Yarndale trip (which is only a few weeks away - yippee). I still need to buy the printed ribbon which will say "YARNDALE 2015" on it, and the idea is that the flower will act as a little momento of our trip.


I've been using up the remains of 3 skeins of British Gotland DK, which is perfect. The natural fibres create a slightly fluffy effect and the yarn changes colour ever so slightly throughout, due to the hand-dyeing.

 love the colours I'm using too which all have such great names - 'Sunset over Chequers' (pink), 'Monkstone Beach Sands' (mustard) and 'A Touch of the Blues' (blue).

The yarn was left over from a design commission, and was provided by The Little Grey Sheep. They produce the most beautiful yarn and you can see their products here:

I thought I'd share this pattern as it creates the perfect little flower that you can add to your favourite bag, coat or scarf. You could even add it to a headband for a little girl, or clip the onto the front of you favourite shoes!!! It only uses around 8g of yarn, so with a 50g skein, you could make about 8 flowers. I've added the pattern as a pdf file, so that it's easier to print off, or you can save it to your computer or tablet and avoid the printing.

Click here to download the Yarndale Flower Brooch pattern

I've added the pattern to Ravelry here, so don't forget to add your projects. If you share your flowers on social media it would be fab if you could link me - I'm @thewoolnest on Twitter and Facebook and the_woolnest on Instagram, thank you.

If you want to join in my stash busting project, you can read the rules here (and these are just my rules - you can change them to suit yourself).

Happy making, Lynne x

Comments

  1. Love your FB page & your blog..!!
    From fellow crochet addict, Jo. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment